February 21, 2010

do what u got to do to get it right?

It is THAT terrible. i am missing my family very much especially mummy dearest.
and how come i did not feel this way at all the last few times i was away and i think this is the most difficult one as i know this is the phase of life where i am going to face ALONE.
Alone in this place where i freak out everytime i walk on the street, driving and what not.
The last few times when i was away, i wasnt feeling tat bad, because i knew that i would be going back to Penang.. but it is completely different now because i know that once i am out here.. i would not be going back to Penang and stay there permanently.

I knew if i had stayed back over in Penang, i would not have to worry on everything because everything i wanted is there but i feel i needed moments to be away from everything and to start anew and to embark on the new transition in life.. Career life.

maybe perhaps work hasnt kicked in yet and that i have more time to myself and i worried to much? what if i could not make it here? what if's and what not.. i hate that feeling very much.

I know what i have got to do to make things right but i just cannot think that being away from family is THAT difficult. guess, i will just have to go through this and let time heals everything.
I will try to make an effort to go back to Penang as often as i can.. :)

and so to stay positive and not rant to much, i am praying for a good week of work ahead!

4 comments:

chenglit said...

Girl, somehow i have that feeling too.
Im imagining im working overseas.. I'll miss my family, frens.and everything back here...

I know it feel bad. But girl add oil..
We have to grow up... U'll have all my support!!

Btw, i confirm going for the intern d.. I will be leaving on 29th March.

I hate growing up! =P

suding said...

ohhhh I hate growing up too!!! hahahaha

Liying, I kept wishing u good luck, because I knew it won't be easy for a lady to go all the way alone to KL to work. And more over it was your first time leaving Penang, starting a life somewhere.

Don't worry, u are not alone to be feeling alone, and missing home. Because I had been living like this for the past 2years!!!!!!

Until now, I can never adapt to kampung life in Melaka. It was so sick looking at the food available, looking at the traffic, and looking at the faces of the people here. And not forgetting the taste of water was different from home!!!!

U are so lucky and blessed to have Selina at your next door.


=)

c3 said...

whatever it is, do hv faith k. aft all, this is wad u hv been fighting so hard for ya. keep it up and u can do it! jia you jia you!

we are all vr happy for u tt u are on ur way to ur dreams and of course along the way, thr are many obstacles. hv faith and i blif u would cross those obstacles.

at the end of the day, most importantly when u look bc, no regrets!

all the best!!! =]

LiYing said...

Lit, Ding& CCC,

Thanks so much for the encouragement...

I am liking my job and it is awesome... i dun regret taking up the job but yeah, not everything is smooth sailing kan? haihs.. like what lit said be4 to me, you win some, you lose some.. and it's really hard because you are missing the family part and being away and all.. but i'm sure given the timing and all, time will heal everything.. hahaha

Lit : all the best with your exchange and i am sure you will do super awesome there.. Chase the dream and give your ONE big SHOT at this!!!! Gambate!!!!

Ding: thanks and also remember your FINAL shot for your undergraduate study!!!!!! Dun give up until the final second!!

CCC: thank you...all of your comments have been words of encouragement that keeps me stong and be brave to face this "BUSY and FAST going CITY".. wishing you the VERY BEST and hope tat you will secure a job soon.. :)

Hopefully when all of us look back down the road in 5 years time, we are becoming someone to be reckon in the society. =)

Lt's climb the ladder of success together!!!!