September 16, 2007

i may not be critical in thinking

forgive me if i am not critical. I admit, i am not the smart ass student who think and study things crtically. For communication is my 1st option when i choose the courses to enter uni, little did i know i will be learning theory and research communication, communication technology and soon to come next semester komunikasi budaya and komunikasi kuasa dan konflik. Last semester i ever wonder why the uni has to "create" those kind of papers for us to take and not the lame paper like komunikasi malaysia or maybe komunikasi media malaysia or something like the pro gov thingy. Then i realised ever since last semester, i really did a lot of thinkin and wondering why things happened and why did it happenned... When i was in Form six, i knew little but i know how to differentiate between the good and bad things that happenned..i love general paper very much.. that was the love-hate subject i had in form six compared to maths, chemistry and physics.... but coming to uni.. i learnt a lot.. after Pn Wang's YKT 111, i really learnt much. Like things does not just happen.. it happenned in A context. Status quo is there.

I understand what is being taught.. it's just that sometimes i am lazy to speak my mind up. I know what is happening.. i understand notes which is given.. i learnt.. i am not dumb.. i may look dumb but i am not. I have mind to think. and of course i think properly.. but sometimes i am pretty naive on things.

and i do blog long time ago.. ever since i was in form 3.... and of course this blog was created for a paper which i took this semester. I feel i am not myself doing all the rantings here. I do in my other blog... hehe.
and i do read politicians blog in our country..i am following updates from alternative media other than the mainstream media.

all in all, i might not be critical and i'm lazy. So, forgive me if i am not critical as what the objectives of every subject stated : which is to produced more crticially thinking student. haha. LOL.

2 comments:

ek said...

glad to know you've learned something. I'm sure you'll be able to observe more of what we discussed in theory when you do your internship. There's no point in theorising if it doesn't help in explaining the workings of our daily meanings. Communication is not just a process, it has sociological functions, is used as a means to achieve certain ends, and certainly, exists within certain contexts. Just look around ourselves, how we give meanings to the events that happen daily, and how our ideas are being manufactured. :) All the best.

LiYing said...

thanks EK for your comment. I hope to learn more as learning is an on going process which never ends...