September 19, 2007

liying rant again....

for the "n"th time i will be ranting again.
I bet EK must be mad at us on how we did the 3 questions he gave us in tutor at 9am. I know the answers we gave was sucky. I should have known better.. but i did not give a damm.. i can never work with ppl i cannnot click with and that resulted in a piece of crap shit presented..I am sorry and making your morning worst, EK..

Will there be marks? I hope not. I did crappy and lousy things. Like i said above, i never could work with ppl i am not comfortable with. Wonder how will i face the reality in working life then, but i bet it will not be that worst.Maybe i am a "lot" naive.

I work as a customer relations management junior during the last semester break in a local company. I did a lot of things... mind you my job was interviewing fresh graduates who are looking to secure a job in MNC like Agilent, Avago, and many more to name... i even did interview some seniors in mass com.

I did from the interview process to sending profiles out to the MNC company's manager and arrange them in for the interview. If they were successful and being hired by the company.. i had to prepare the contract and brief to them every single details. It's not easy but i managed to pull through. I managed to hit the target eventhough i only work for 2 months.. mayb that's why my manager put on so much hope on me to perform... and i had my hard earned commission. Working is not easy, i know but working with ppl you can click with makes life a lil easier. I was lucky my colleagues are nice to me... they never bully me and treat me as a person who deserve to be respected just like everyone else. My manager was good to me, just that she gave me too much things to do that i had to stay overtime, mostly everyday.. mine you that i did not get paid for overtime.. but why did i do that for.. experience.. maybe... haha.. BUT i GAIN a lot in my 2 months there.

I know what working life is out there. Some of my colleagues are total biatch but one must be smart enough to handle this kind of situations at work. but in uni.. things are diff..I just dun seems to find a groupie which i can pull through with. I dun see any similarities compared to my colleagues or even my bestest mates in secondary school.. sch mates are *sorry to say this* smarter ppl i have known than ppl i have known here.. sorry, no offence or anything to you ppl who read here...maybe i am being to emo...

but referring back to the questions given..
1) Categories into 3broad themes the things you remember learning in this course..

at that time.. i remembered.. communication technology and gender, occupation and democratization.. reason being is there is still gender inequality around us..ppl tend to treat one another with hierachry and there is a big gap of marginalisation towards women..Occupation-you see how lower class occupation ppl are treated with technology coming into picture.. they will loose their job.. like wat pn wang mention in her class... automation is replacing the labour force.. will this mean more jobs available or more ppl going jobless... or maybe working from home?? exe: with cheap labour in china.. big TNC's are moving there.. leaving workiers in malaysia jobless and struggle to earn a living..there are so many issue to discuss about with regards to technology and the relations with gender and occupation. So, i guess that issue was bout to be taken seriously as well... democratization, will the capitalism and com tech bring to unbalance in society?. if yes, what unbalance is there??? and will the country with com tech able to defend the power... Wil the power the authority has able to bring further develop and importance to the citizens???
My personal view is, democratization in the context of com technology will further give the authority bigger room for exploitation against the weaker ones..eg: the blog issue in malaysia.. why is gov so afraid that this new media will further destruct their ability to do their duty?... do they think this new medium of expression will block them from a better more transparent, accountable and good governance... a question for everyone to ponder upon..

2) list up to 3 things you expected to learnt about but were not discuss throughout the course..

Okay.. maybe i was a bit mixed up.. i was thinking in the context of what were not as in.. what we expected the course to teach us.. i as many of us thought that we are going to learn hands on stuff not on the theory part.. for seconds, minutes , etc.. i didnt think that i am going to give answer like.... oh.. blog issue, gender issue, and development of 3rd world was not fully dicuss in the class.. hahha... see, i am not critical enuff...

3) Have your views/ideas on communication technology..

firstly, one need to ask.. is there any changes with the invention of new technology.. how many ppl lives has changed because of this??? will everyone get access to things easily.. let jus look in the context of malaysia.. how many ppl have access to internet?? 3%??? how is this going to change ppl.... see, status quo is still there.. i remember learning status quo last semester in Pn Wang's class (YKT 111).. what i want to stress here is, from YKT 111.. what we have learnt there can be further adapated to communication technology but sadly no one understand my point in stating this... There is still the "core" and the "periphery".. and things doesnt just exist.. and exist within a context.. a place..

I guess, my rant was a bit over-rated... but i couldnt care less...
BLOG is a place where one can keep their own rant. no one can stop us in doing that, for now.
maybe with technology, will the powerful ones stop us from blogging. time will tell..

2 comments:

Josette said...

Hi there, I stumbled upon your blog while searching for exam papers!

I'm a 2nd year Mass Comm this year and yeah, I'm taking YKT 214 and Eng Kiat's the tutor! True, this course certainly is a thought-provoking one. :/

Blogger said...

Just got my check for $500.

Sometimes people don't believe me when I tell them about how much money you can get by taking paid surveys online...

So I took a video of myself getting paid over $500 for participating in paid surveys to set the record straight.